19 Şubat 2013 Salı

The Imbecility Vortex

To contact us Click HERE
There are some things that just do NOT cross cultural borders.

Like haggis, for example.

God bless those hairy, skirted men - but seriously - keep your nasty food to yourself and we'll get along great.

You could say the same about menudo. It would be interesting to see a menudo/haggis faceoff on Food Network. Wait - no it wouldn't, because they're both disgusting.

Anyway, one of the things which just never should have come to America is the traffic circle.

I understand that it works great in England. Awesome. Maybe because their brains are wired differently from driving on the wrong side of the road. Or perhaps it's all the delicious Earl Grey tea they consume. Or their awesome accents.

Whatever it is, it ain't working here.

We have one of these blessed (if you're from here, you know in Texas, that context is everything with this word) things in the shopping center where I have my stamping classes, and also, the shopping center that contains my beloved retail church - Whole Foods.

And it is a disaster of EPIC proportions.

There are three behaviors on display at all times.

One - people who have no clue what is happening and so since they don't see a stop sign they just go on in, blindly, killing people.

Two - people who know they're supposed to yield, but don't know for how long, get anxious and just freak out and dart into traffic regardless of what is happening in the circle.

Three - people who never go.

It makes me completely stabby every time I go there. I want to just film the chaos one day and become a YouTube millionaire.

But for the time being, I've just sketched out the traffic circle anarchy for you.
Pin ItPray for me - my class is this Saturday.

That's one of the reasons I've started having Greenling deliver some of my groceries every week. I'm just trying to save the giraffe.

Here's the card I made for my Greenling delivery man this week.

Pin It
I have just discovered the joy of our little Print Poetry paper pads. They have a lot of our DSP designs shrunk down to 4.5" x 6.5" sheets - and I loved this ship's log pattern in blue, so I cut out the whale with the Happy Whale Clearlits Die and added a rhinestone for his eye. The waves are with the Oh Wave! wheel, and the ribbon is our denim ribbon which I love and hoard. The greeting is from the Oh Whale! set that matches the die.

I hope he knows how much I appreciate him saving me a trip into the imbecility vortex.

Loveyameanitbye.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder