15 Şubat 2013 Cuma

H is for: Happy New Year! {Best of 2012}

To contact us Click HERE

2012 was my first full year with E is for Eat...and it's been a fabulous one. There have been many highlights...but in the interest of closing the book on 2012 and looking ahead to 2013...I narrowed it down to just a few. Hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane with me, and please have a safe and happy New Year!


1.) Bacon Waffles: I love these waffles...but even moreso, I love the Bacon Bridal Shower I threw for my friend Kim.

2.) Baked Avocado Fries: Who knew that breaded avocado baked in the oven would be so popular? These delicious little morsels are the second-most viewed post on the blog, with 23,000 page views and counting! They are also the most-searched item in terms of google traffic to E is for Eat.

3.) Green Bean Casserole Grilled Cheese Sliders: I *almost* picked the Chicken Parmesan Grilled Cheese, considering that is the all-time most popular post on the blog (almost 27,000 page views). But the chicken parm didn't win bronze in the Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Recipe contest. Not gonna lie...it was a proud moment.

4.) Wild Boar Ragu: Speaking of contests...I also had the opportunity to participate in a charity pasta event this fall, and this sauce won second place!

5.) Xacuti: This may not be one of the more popular posts with the masses, but it was one of my proudest moments simply because I had never cooked Indian food before. I even went to an Indian grocery store and taught myself how to open a coconut.

6.) Rally Enchiladas: I love this one because it originated when two things I love intersected...food and baseball. I created it for #RallyEnchiladas before Ryan Vogelsong's start in the NLCS and reprised it as a great way to use up leftover turkey.

7.) Blood Orange Mimosa Jello Shots: If you read this blog regularly, you know I make a lot of jello shots. These weren't even close to my favorites this year, but they've experienced a late season surge, thanks to a video feature on Buzz Feed and a mention on BoingBoing. 10K page views this month alone!

8.) Strawberry Cheesecake Jello Shots: Now THESE babies I was extremely proud of. I love that the entire jello shot is self contained...and you can pop the entire boozy bite in your mouth. I've made them several times now.

9.) Fernet Ice Cream: On one of those impulse buys at Costco, I came home with an ice cream maker. It was a great purchase. I've made several delicious concoctions, but one of my favorites combined creamy ice cream with one of my favorite liqueurs.

This marks post #170 for the year. Here's to more delicious creations in 2013!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder