11 Aralık 2012 Salı

Simple is Good, Especially in December

To contact us Click HERE
I think we all get sort of CAS at the holidays, just because of the frantic pace of life.

I had my monthly class this weekend and I kept the projects simple so as not to add to the holiday stress!

For one of Saturday's class projects, I CASE'd a card I saw on Splitcoast by one of my favorite paper artists - Karen Dunbrook - just substituting products I already owned. She has an absolutely amazing design sense and I think I click the "favorite" button on every one.
Pin It

Here's how you make it.
  • Cut a card base and a 4" x 1.5" strip from Whisper White cardstock. You'll also need a scrap for punching that is 1.5" wide and at least 3" tall..
  • Using a Stampin' Sponge, cover the strip with Tempting Turquoise ink. 
  • Using a Sponge Dauber, add a little Wisteria Wonder ink as desired.
  • Fill your Stampin' Spritzer with water, and holding 12" away from the sponged strip, lightly spray with water. You just want droplets, don't soak the paper. One or two light spritzes will give you the snow texture. Set aside to dry, or dry using the heat tool. 
  • Using a scrap of Whisper White, punch the two trees using the Merry Minis punch pack. 
  • Using the 2.5" Circle Punch, punch a curve for the hill from the same scrap - the width of the strip is 1.5" so it will fit perfectly. Glue hill and trees to colored strip using Mono Multi. 
  • Glue strip to card and stamp "Merry" from Snowflake Soiree in Midnight Muse ink. 
  • Using the Essentials Piercing Pack Template and a piercing tool, pierce the card base (don't forget to open your card first :) ) along the left and top sides of the strip. 
Your cards don't have to be complicated to be beautiful. Just add a simple technique like the watercolor snow to make a big impact!

I hope your holidays are both merry & bright!

I have an ornament class this weekend, my January class is on January 5th, and don't forget - you can get $235 worth of goodies for only $99 when you purchase the starter kit, including a full color family of ink pads free through December 16th.

Loveyameanitbye.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder